All countries have their ways of receiving visitors. However some are more demanding and particular than others when it comes to requesting documentation for the different types of entry. For this reason, we are going to inform you about all the immigration to Argentina details for 2024 about the types of visas and residence in Argentina. Let’s start by defining that a visa is a type of documentation that authorizes the entry of people to certain countries for a certain period, mentioning that you can rely on the support of our immigration lawyers in Argentina.
|Temporary residence permit types
– family reunification
– medical purposes,
Time needed to obtain the temporary residence permit (approx.)
|Around 45 days
Temporary residence permit validity
|Documents for obtaining temporary residence
– valid passport,
– proof of income,
– clear criminal record,
– health insurance
|Mandatory registrations with state authorities (i.e. with the population/municipality register)
|Dependents can join the temporary permit holder
|Temporary or permanent residency for investment purposes
|Minimum temporary residence before applying for permanent residence
|Documents for obtaining permanent residence
– valid passport,
– health insurance,
– proof on income,
– former temporary residence permit,
– birth certificate
– living in Argentina for at least 2 years,
– Spanish language knowledge,
– clear criminal record
|Citizenship after permanent residence
In the case of Argentina, there are specific types of visas, mostly determined by the amount of time, nationality, and type of activity the visitor wants to perform. So there are several paths to take depending on whether you are seeking permanent or temporary residence in Argentina.
Now, let’s go over the availability of visas in Argentina for the different reasons of visit. Besides, it must be taken into account that obtaining different visas or types of residence in Argentina entails different procedures. That is why it is always advisable that you have a team of immigration lawyers in Argentina who can solve your doubts and help you navigate the immigration field in this country. We can also help you obtain the residence permit and help you relocate to Argentina in 2024.
Here is a video presentation on this topic:
What are the temporary residence visas in Argentina?
These visas provide for stays of up to a maximum of three years, depending on the activity and nationality of the person who wants to settle in our country for thatperiode. This type of visa is considered for people interested in immigration to Argentina for some specific reasons, such as:
- Family relationship with a foreign citizen Temporary Resident: visa available for foreign citizens who have ties of affinity or consanguinity with other persons who are temporarily residing in Argentina.
- Migrant Worker: visa for those who wish to work in a lawful and remunerated manner. It is necessary to have a previous work contract.
- Scientist and Specialized Personnel: visa addressed to those who carry out scientific research activities.
- Sportsmen and Artists: visa contemplated for sportsmen or artists who have official events scheduled or invited by the authorities of the country.
- Students: stipulated for those foreigners who wish to study during their stay. Contact us if you want to immigrate to Argentina.
- Retirees and Annuitants: granted so that foreigners may enjoy their retirement in this territory.
- Investors: dedicated to those citizens who wish to come to Argentina to start a business.
- Others: there are also ways to obtain temporary Argentine residency for cultural exchanges, medical treatments, or requests for political asylum. More about how to move to Argentina can be discussed with us.
Foreign citizens interested in moving and working in Argentina are obliged to apply for a long-term visa and a work permit. Employing companies in Argentina, alongside our lawyers can make the required application with the local authorities for immigration.
The following infographic contains information on how to obtain residency in Argentina:
How can I obtain permanent residency in Argentina in 2024?
Those who are interested in living for an indefinite period of time in this jurisdiction have the option of permanent residency in Argentina. Fortunately, although there are a couple of conditions to fulfill and procedures to complete, becoming a permanent resident in Argentina is not as complicated as in other countries. These are the main ways to access permanent residency in Argentina:
- Family relationship: being a child, spouse, father, or mother of a person with permanent residence or Argentine nationality.
- Long-time staying: This type of permanent residence visa will be contemplated in the following cases:
- In the case of MERCOSUR citizens, it is generated after having resided for a period of two years.
- For persons who do not belong to MERCOSUR countries, but who have been temporary residents for three years continuously in the Argentine territory.
- For diplomats and consuls of international organizations who have held office in our territory for two years.
- To have refugee or asylum status and possess the necessary requirements.
If you are not sure which type of Argentine residency is the most suitable for you and your objectives, we strongly recommend that you consult with our immigration lawyers in Argentina with experience in immigration proceedings for people of different nationalities. This way, obtaining a residence permit in Argentina can be a smooth process. Plus, our experts can help you immigrate to Argentina.
Foreigners interested in attending prestigious colleges in Argentina must apply for a student visa. This kind of visa is valid for 6 months and can be renewed. Moreover, future students must be registered with the local municipality and apply for a residence permit in Argentina.
Do you want information about immigration to Argentina? All legal aspects can be explained in detail by one of our lawyers with experience in this field. In addition to the necessary visa, it is also necessary to obtain a residence permit, but we will provide you with the necessary guidance to benefit from a simple and uncomplicated process. We are with you if you want to relocate to this country with your family.
Why obtain residency – Immigration to Argentina in 2024
There are several reasons why people from all over the world seek to obtain a residence permit in Argentina, either temporary or permanent. We can talk about its opportunities for students or its good quality of life/cost of living ratio, but that would be an understatement.
Here are some figures that show what Argentina has to offer to migrants, not before mentioning that we can help you move to Argentina:
- There are some 856,300 registered companies in the country, the number is growing year after year mostly due to the micro-enterprises that are created.
- Although agriculture has historically been the largest contributor to the national GDP, the service export sector is gaining prominence and there are several business opportunities for investment.
- Argentina is one of the 35 largest economies in the world in terms of business volume.
Are you interested in Argentina citizenship? Our lawyers can provide you with the necessary legal support to obtain this status. In addition to citizenship by naturalization, those interested can also opt for investments in this sense, namely ARS 1.5 million in a local business, for example. On the other hand, people married to a citizen of Argentina can apply for citizenship by naturalization, but all aspects can be explained to you by our specialists.
A residence visa for pensioners in Argentina can be issued if candidates present a monthly income of at least ARS 30,000 or about USD 275. In this situation, the immigration office solicits a clear criminal record or collaborates with the police to make some verifications.
On the other hand, foreign citizens who provide an annual income of at least ARS 30,000 can be eligible for a temporary resident visa in Argentina, as stated by legislation no. 25.871, Decreto 616/2010. This kind of visa is valid for 1 year and can be renewed for up to 3 years. Application for permanent residency is then accepted.
How to move to Argentina in a few steps
Considering the resources and opportunities offered by Argentina, many decide to relocate to this destination. The reasons are multiple, and among them, are the benefits of a better quality of life, business, education, and an optimal health system. According to the most recent data, there are around 60,000 Americans already settled in this country and we mention Argentina is the world’s biggest Spanish-speaking state. In order to benefit from a quick relocation, we invite you to discover the following guide, which will help you in your demersal when you decide to relocate to Argentina:
- Visa – It is necessary to enter Argentina, except for the countries with which there is a treaty in this regard, without the need for a visa. The short-term visa is one of the most requested visas, but they can be replaced, depending on the purpose of the visit to Argentina. One of our lawyers can help with the formalities.
- Residence permit – If you want to relocate to Argentina for more than 3 months, you need to apply for a residence permit. In that case, for those who want to work in this country, both residence and work permits will be issued. The temporary residence permit is valid for one year and can be issued in a maximum of 45 days.
- The new residence – The residence permit must contain details about the new residence in Argentina. So, if you have a place to stay in this country, you will have to provide information to the immigration authorities that issue this type of document.
- Registration with local authorities – Registration with the municipality is mandatory when you relocate to Argentina. Here you will need the rental contract or the documents of the purchased property, if applicable.
- Employment contract – In the case of foreigners who want to work in Argentina, they will benefit from an employment contract, registered with the relevant authorities. This type of document will also help you obtain a work and residence permit.
- Opening a bank account – You will need to open a bank account if you relocate to Argentina for a period longer than 3 months. You can thus make payments and transfers, depending on the services offered by the chosen bank.
- Registering for the payment of utilities – Once you have settled in Argentina, you must also consider registering for the payment of utilities, regardless of whether you own or rent a home. You can contact various providers and sign contracts for the provision of the desired services.
- Car registration – If you bring your car to Argentina, you must know that it needs to be registered. This can be done in a maximum of 8 months, but you must present a residence permit in this process.
- Getting a local phone number – You can choose from the service providers available in Argentina and buy local phone cards. The costs are affordable and there are no restrictions regarding such purchases.
- Integration into the community – If you want to enter the communities in Argentina as soon as possible, it is recommended to study the history of this country, its culture, language, and customs. You will thus be able to interact much faster with Argentines and foreigners alike, whether it is the business environment, local authorities, institutions, etc.
Having 3 years of a financier visa in Argentina with a monthly income of ARS 30,000 allow foreigners to apply for a permanent residence permit. Self-employed is permitted, and information on this topic can be provided by one of our local legal representatives.
A temporary residence permit can also be issued to foreign investors in Argentina. A minimum investment of USD 37,000 in a commercial activity is the main requirement in this direction. This amount of money must be authorized by the Central Bank of Argentina.
You can consider these lines a small guide to immigration in Argentina and list everything you must do when you relocate. We remind you that our Argentinian lawyers can help you with the visa, residence permit, and citizenship formalities, when necessary.
To obtain a residence permit in Argentina without having difficulties regarding procedures and requirements, do not hesitate to contact our law firm in Argentina. We are here to help you relocate to Argentina.