All countries have their own ways of receiving visitors. But some are more demanding and particular than others when it comes to requesting documentation for the different types of entry. For this reason we are going to inform you about all the immigration to Argentina details for 2022 about the types of visa and residence in Argentina.
Let’s start by defining that a visa is a type of documentation that authorizes the entry of people to certain countries for a certain period of time, mentioning that you can rely on the support of our immigration lawyers in Argentina.
|Temporary residence permit types||
– family reunification
– medical purposes,
Time needed to obtain the temporary residence permit (approx.)
|Around 45 days|
Temporary residence permit validity
|Documents for obtaining temporary residence||
– valid passport,
– proof of income,
– clear criminal record,
– health insurance
|Mandatory registrations with state authorities (i.e. with the population/municipality register)||
|Dependents can join the temporary permit holder||
|Temporary or permanent residency for investment purposes||
|Minimum temporary residence before applying for permanent residence||2 years|
|Documents for obtaining permanent residence||
– valid passport,
– health insurance,
– proof on income,
– former temporary residence permit,
– birth certificate
– living in Argentina for at least 2 years,
– Spanish language knowledge,
– clear criminal record
|Citizenship after permanent residence||Yes|
In the case of Argentina, there are specific types of visas, mostly determined by the amount of time, nationality and type of activity the visitor wants to perform. So there are several paths to take depending on whether you are seeking permanent or temporary residence in Argentina.
Now, let’s go over the availability of visas in Argentina for the different reasons of visit. Besides, it must be taken into account that obtaining the different visas or types of residence in Argentina entails different procedures. That is why it is always advisable that you have a team of immigration lawyers in Argentina that can solve your doubts and help you navigate the immigration field in this country. We can also help you obtain the residence permit and help you relocate to Argentina in 2022.
What are the temporary residence visas in Argentina?
These visas provide for stays of up to a maximum of three years, depending on the activity and nationality of the person who wants to settle in our country for that period of time. This type of visa is considered for people interested in immigration to Argentina for some specific reasons, such as:
- Family relationship with a foreign citizen Temporary Resident: visa available for foreign citizens who have ties of affinity or consanguinity with other persons who are temporarily residing in Argentina.
- Migrant Worker: visa for those who wish to work in a lawful and remunerated manner. It is necessary to have a previous work contract.
- Scientist and Specialized Personnel: visa addressed to those who carry out scientific research activities.
- Sportsmen and Artists: visa contemplated for sportsmen or artists who have official events scheduled or invited by the authorities of the country.
- Students: stipulated for those foreigners who wish to study during their stay. Contact us if you want to immigrate to Argentina.
- Retirees and Annuitants: granted so that foreigners may enjoy their retirement in this territory.
- Investors: dedicated to those citizens who wish to come to Argentina with the intention of starting a business.
- Others: there are also ways to obtain temporary Argentine residency for cultural exchanges, medical treatments or requests for political asylum. More about how to move to Argentina can be discussed with us.
How can I obtain permanent residency in Argentina in 2022?
Those who are interested in living for an indefinite period of time in this jurisdiction have the option of permanent residency in Argentina. Fortunately, although there are a couple of conditions to fulfill and procedures to complete, becoming a permanent resident in Argentina is not as complicated as in other countries. These are the main ways to access permanent residency in Argentina:
- Family relationship: being a child, spouse, father or mother of a person with permanent residence or Argentine nationality.
- Long-time staying: This type of permanent residence visa will be contemplated in the following cases:
- In the case of MERCOSUR citizens, it is generated after having resided for a period of two years.
- For persons who do not belong to MERCOSUR countries, but who have been temporary residents for three years continuously in the Argentine territory.
- For diplomats and consuls of international organizations who have held office in our territory for two years.
- To have refugee or asylum status and possess the necessary requirements.
If you are not sure which type of Argentine residency is the most suitable for you and your objectives, we strongly recommend that you consult with our immigration lawyers in Argentina with experience in immigration proceedings for people of different nationalities. This way, obtaining a residence permit in Argentina can be a smooth process. Plus, our experts can help you immigrate to Argentina.
Why obtain residency – Immigration to Argentina
There are several reasons why people from all over the world seek to obtain a residence permit in Argentina, either temporary or permanent. We can talk about its opportunities for students or its good quality of life/cost of living ratio, but that would be an understatement.
Here are some figures that show what Argentina has to offer to migrants, not before mentioning that we can help you move to Argentina:
- The Argentine economy is expected to grow by 5.8% in 2021 and the trend will continue in 2022 with 2.5%.
- There are some 856,300 registered companies in the country, the number is growing year after year mostly due to the micro-enterprises that are created.
- Although agriculture has historically been the largest contributor to the national GDP, the service export sector is gaining prominence and there are several business opportunities for investment.
- Argentina is one of the 35 largest economies in the world in terms of business volume.
Are you interested in Argentina citizenship? Our lawyers can provide you with the necessary legal support to obtain this status. In addition to citizenship by naturalization, those interested can also opt for investments in this sense, namely ARS 1.5 million in a local business, for example. On the other hand, people married to a citizen of Argentina can apply for citizenship by naturalization, but all aspects can be explained to you by our specialists.
To obtain a residence permit in Argentina without having difficulties regarding procedures and requirements, do not hesitate to contact our law firm in Argentina. We are here to help you relocate to Argentina.