Citizens from South Africa do not need a visa to enter Argentina if they intend to stay for up to 90 days. Things change if you decide to relocate to Argentina. There are legal aspects to consider for the entire process of moving to Argentina from South Africa and support can be offered by one of our immigration lawyers in Argentina. The same team can help South African citizens start a business in Argentina by handling the formalities imposed by the authorities.
Do I need a visa for Argentina if I’m from South Africa?
There are no restrictions referring to entry to Argentina from South Africa, in terms of visas. However, if you prolong your visit or you want to move to Argentina from South Africa, you should pay attention to the conditions implicated. The immigration-related legal aspects can be discussed with one of our immigration lawyers in Argentina:
- Visa for Argentina is required for South African citizens who stay more than just 3 months.
- The passport must have a validity of at least 3 months.
- A visa application form is offered by the Argentinian authorities. Our attorneys in Argentina can tell you more and offer assistance.
- Information about domiciliation in Argentina needs to be offered by South African citizens.
- The Argentinian authorities can verify the criminal record of citizens who intend to relocate to Argentina.
If there is no need for a visa to enter Argentina from South Africa, citizens need to register with the local authorities and obtain a residence permit. We remind you that nationals from South Africa can stay in Argentina for up to 90 days if they have a valid passport and a flight return ticket, alongside sufficient funds for the entire stay. Information on this topic can be offered by our Argentinian lawyers who can provide legal support and assistance. You can get in touch with us and find out more about immigration to Argentina.
How can I obtain a residence permit in Argentina?
Once entered into Argentina, South African citizens must offer information about the accommodation in this country to the local authorities in charge. In most cases, it is advisable to have a place to stay in Argentina prior to relocation, in order to smooth the process or registration and issuance of the residence permit. Feel free to talk to our Argentinian lawyers and find out all the legal aspects related to immigration to Argentina.
Foreigners who have lived for at least 2 years in Argentina can apply for citizenship by naturalization. The formalities related to Argentina citizenship can be explained in detail by one of our local lawyers who have experience in immigration issues. You will be advised on the eligibility criteria and all aspects related to obtaining this status. We are here to offer you the help you need to benefit from a quick and simple process.
Traveling with minors to Argentina
Another important aspect covered by our Argentinian lawyers specialized in immigration refer to minors under 18 of age traveling from South Africa to Argentina. In this matter, a legalized “Minors authorization form” needs to be approved by the Department of International Relations and Cooperation. In the case of minors under 16 years of age traveling with one of the parents or tutors, personal information about the appointed tutors must be provided. Knowing the immigration legislation referring to minors traveling to Argentina is important, so you should discuss all the legal aspects with our attorneys in Argentina.
A business visa for Argentina – What you need to know
Besides the basic visa requirements for Argentina, one must provide a letter issued by the employer who hires the citizen from South Africa. Plus, a copy of the employment contract is also solicited and this must comprise complete details about the financial means and other information. The business visa can be rapidly obtained if you discuss the legal aspects with our Argentinian lawyers. Plus, you can be sure you won’t face a visa rejection in your case. Talk to us if you want to move to Argentina.
We offer support if you want to know more about immigration to Argentina. Our lawyers are specialized in the field and can offer you the necessary support in obtaining a visa, residence permit, and other documents necessary for relocation. We advise you to turn to us with confidence because you will benefit from legal services at advantageous prices and offered by a team of professionals.
Other types of visas for Argentina
There are other visas that can be obtained by South African citizens in Argentina, such as:
- The professional visa is issued for artists, sportsmen, technicians, and professors accepting different jobs in Argentina.
- The religious visa can be issued if you present a letter of invitation from the church or religious institution or organization that invited you to Argentina.
- The National Immigration Office in Argentina authorizes the work visa. The Entry Permit is then granted.
- A visa for journalists is issued if you present an employment letter from the company you work for.
Here are some facts and figures about the population of Argentina:
- According to worldometers.info, more than 45 million people are living in Argentina.
- Argentina represents around 0.58% of the total population of the world.
- More than 92% of the Argentinian population is urban.
Interested in more details about how to immigrate to Argentina from South Africa? You are invited to contact our law firm in Argentina and discuss the legal aspects referring to visas and residence permits.